Bethany Gateways exists to take the church to where it is not and help others to the same. We primarily do this by fielding missionaries to areas populated by unreached (<2% Christian) people groups. By establishing and engaging with the local church we not only hope to bring people to Christ but also encourage those we work with the be missional as well.
Bethany Fellowship was founded by five families in 1945. Ted Hegre, who served as their pastor, shared with this small fellowship the vision of sending and supporting 100 missionaries. After much prayer, these five families sensed God leading them to sell their homes and pool their resources to acquire a common residence, a large, 30-room home in Minneapolis called “Bethany House.” The purpose of this community life was to reduce unnecessary work and expense so more time and money would be available for working together to fulfill the vision God gave them—living the sanctified Christian life and completing the unfulfilled task of world missions. As they began training and sending missionaries through various organizations, Bethany came to the decision to begin sending missionaries through their own agency to ensure the highest level of both missionary effectiveness and member care. This agency came to be known as Bethany Gateways.
Our key strategy is called Gateway Access Platforms or GAPs for short. GAPs can be described as hubs of missionaries that are located in stable regions but still in close proximity to unreached people groups. These GAPs then function as launching points where missionaries and national partners can share the gospel in less stable areas while having a safe place to return to and a community to rely on. Our current goal is to have 20 of these GAP’s in place by 2025.
- We Believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We Believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that all following Adam have sinned and are sinful; that repentance toward God, faith in Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary for salvation.
- We Believe that followers of Jesus Christ are called to sanctification through identification with Jesus Christ in His death and resurrection.
We Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, empowering, and gifts the Christian is enabled to live a life of godliness and effective service.
- We Believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life and the lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We Believe that all followers of Jesus are to be committed to the fulfilling of the Great Commission as found in Mt. 28:18-20 and are to be involved in making it possible for the Gospel to be preached to all the peoples of the world.
Director of Member Care
Missionary Preparation Coordinator
Member Care Coordinator
Assistant to the Director
Global Internship Coordinator
Director of Church Engagement
Director of Home Office
Member Care Specialist